We all need help at some time in our lives. When you are in the middle of a life crisis or transition or problem of any degree, it can be a daunting task to look for a therapist.
It is my hope that this website can give you an idea of who I am, how I work with my clients and whether I might be a good fit for your needs.
Everyday living presents us with much stress and multiple challenges. Therapy is a valuable way to develop tools for coping, growth and self-understanding. It is often a process of discovering additional approaches for solving problems and gaining new awareness about yourself and your life. I specialize in health psychology, which targets such problems in living as anxiety, stress, depression, eating and body image issues, illness, life crisis, life transition and loss. Therapy is a collaborative effort requiring trust and a good rapport, with the goal of experiencing a sense of well-being, vitality and enjoyment.
When you come in for an initial appointment, we will discuss the reasons that brought you to my office. Together, we can work to identify your needs and decide what you hope to gain from therapy.
The focus of treatment may be learning coping tools, or it could be learning to make peace with life disappointments and trauma. Some want to understand more about the impact of personal history on present thoughts, feelings, and behavior, while others are looking to find solutions for current issues.
I am a good listener and will offer you my full attention. I will also, at times, ask questions, provide feedback and make suggestions (which could include “homework”).
• A practicing psychologist for 30 years.
• An art therapist in the early years of my career.
• Private practice for the last 15 years.
• Earlier work settings included an inpatient teaching hospital (McLean Hospital, Belmont, MA), an outpatient clinic (Stoney Brook Counseling Center, N. Billerica, MA) and the psychology department of a large medical group (Harriman Jones, now Health Care Partners, Long Beach, CA).
• A doctoral degree in clinical psychology from Antioch University New England,
• Two years of post graduate training in psychodynamic psychotherapy (Boston Intstitute for Psychotherapy),
• A two year externship in hypnotherapy and behavioral medicine (Daniel Brown, Ph.D. & Associates, Cambridge, MA).
• Training seminars in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
16052 Beach Blvd, Suite 212
Huntington Beach, CA 92647
Phone: Phone: 714- 375-1045
Email: Dr. Sprayregen
School: Antioch University
Year graduated: 1993
License No. and State: PSY16761, California
• Cognitive Behavioral
Ages: Adults 18-64
“It has been a hard struggle and climb, but I can tell you one thing...I would not have made it without you. Thank you for the 'tools' I can take with me, and for your support, advice and confidence in me, that helped so much.”
"I can't thank you enough for all the help you have given me. I am in a much better place today than when I started coming to you. I will always remember your kindness and words of wisdom"